Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 Jul 2001 23:55:11 -0300
From:         Jean-Guy Savoie <jgsavoie@NBNET.NB.CA>
Subject:      Re: Stereo Installation question: 83 Westfalia

I've heard that splicing the separate - wires on modern stereos is not a good idea, but I'm no expert.

I just ran extra wires to the rear (and to the doors) a month ago.

It wasn't an easy job, but not so hard. Had to grease them up pretty good with soap though, but I managed to pull them through. I can't guarantee anyone else will succeed though, because I think I was close to the breaking point of the wires before getting them through that sheath. Hint: I cut the wiring harness sheath btw the rear vents, pulled the wire from the front to there before pulling the rest of the way back.

JGS

84 1.9L Westfalia Bleu Schtroumpf

----- Original Message ----- From: Rio Rafael To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 11:15 PM Subject: Stereo Installation question: 83 Westfalia

Now, the factory harness that runs through the vehicle to the rear speakers has only THREE wires ( + Rear, right, + rear,left and a common (grey) ground).

The front speakers have independent + an - for each speaker.

My question:

Does anyone have experience with connecting a modern stereo to the rear?

(I really don't want to have to run another wire all the way back and up..)

Thanks

Rio

[text/html]