Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Jul 2001 07:03:43 -0700
From:         s m <volx_man@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      [dbginfo] BBTA/BNNTA #17 camping event...

Subject: [dbginfo] BBTA/BNNTA #17 camping event... Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 11:47:10 -0400 From: Kathryn Bowman <BussesByTheArch@compuserve.com> To: "Missouri Micros (msge)" <missouri_micros@egroups.com>, "DBG info (send msge)" <dbginfo@yahoogroups.com>, "Type 2 List (send msge)" <type2@type2.com>, "VintageBus List (msge)" <vintagebus@type2.com>

Hello to all,

I guess it's about time for a "Busses Nowhere Near The Arch #17" / a.k.a. "Busses By The Arch" update for this year. Yes, the infamous BNNTA#17 Midwest VW camping event is definitely on as usual. I don't plan to mail out a paper flyer this year as a reminder, so listen up Bus fans!

This Bus extravaganza will be held over the long upcoming Labor Day weekend which for this year will be Friday thru Monday, Aug 31st, Sept 1-3, 2001. The location will again be at the "group" campground within the Indian Creek Recreational Area located on the north side of Mark Twain Lake, which is about 30 miles to the west of the historic city of Hannibal, Missouri. We expect about 150 Type 2's of all styles and eras to join together over the long holiday weekend. All the usual (and unusual) event activities at a VW campout will occur (campfire activities, swimming, boating, cycling, a Bus caravan, informal Bus Show with awards, door prizes, etc.). I'm sure the battle to win the coveted individual and group/Club campsite awards will be fierce again this year, so use your creativity! The event AND camping fee for each VW vehicle for the entire weekend is only $25 total (same as the last few years), and again, ONLY VW's will be allowed to enter and camp.

Whether you're a longtime regular attendee or a new comer, we'd love to have you join us for the Type 2 festivities. You'll meet a lot of great people and see a whole lot of VW's camping out! The "bare bones" www.BussesByTheArch.com web site currently has the 2000 event flyer info up, but will very shortly be updated (thanks to our buddy "No Quarter") with the date changes. The event format and event schedule doesn't change much from year to year, as we figure why mess with a good thing? There is a "Mapquest" map link there also to aid you in finding all of us!

If you can be in the area, we'll look forward to seeing you amid all the VW's! Feel free to pass this info on to your VW Bus buddies, and have them check out the web site for more details. So make your plans, fix up and pack up your Bus, and get on over here for all the fun!

Bill Bowman BNNTA organizer

p.s. Could someone please forward this to the Vanagon List (or any other appropriate VW Lists) if you're on them? Thanks!