Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:16:31 -0700
From:         Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>
Subject:      Re: Tim's Great Exit....... at last!
Comments: To: Max Wellhouse <maxjoyce@IPA.NET>

Max,

Different folks use this list for different reasons, and it can't be all things to all people. All we can do is try to cut down on the personal vendettas and totally unnecessary junk which occasionally overwhelms the meat and potatoes that binds this stew together.

If it weren't for the "social" aspect of this list, we wouldn't be tuning in to this "soap opera" every day; simply assembling a CD of our collective experiences and the wisdom gleaned from those experiences would be all that we could ever want.

I, for one, enjoy the friendly banter and trip reports (to say nothing of the "Vendors are still there pimping as hard as ever") that are thrown in with the pleas for assistance. I even like the tire threads.

Do I feel Mr. Smith's pain? Yes, of course. I do, however, find it unfortunate that he is of a mind to not be able to "smell the roses" on the path to VW maintenance. I would value the contributions that he could make to our group IQ, and feel unfortunate to have lost his input. Perhaps our loss will be a reminder to keep our more vitriolic comments to each other at a somewhat lower (and more private) level in the future.

Incidentally, Tim, there is no longer any "spam" on this list since Tom closed it. The fine folks who let us know of what they have in stock or what is becoming available are here by invitation, and we feel lucky to have those updates available to us. If your "mecchie" friend can pass along parts to you at little or no profit to himself, that's good for you. Most of us know that Ken and Ron and the others are running businesses and have overhead to contend with. They need to pay for things like insurance and roofs over their heads (they probably like to have some coffee money in their pockets at the end of the week, too). We have to pay that or we will lose those vendors to bankruptcy pretty darned quickly.

Karl Wolz

----- Original Message ----- From: "Max Wellhouse" <maxjoyce@IPA.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2001 9:30 AM Subject: Re: Tim's Great Exit....... at last!