Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 1 Jul 2001 13:16:09 -0800
From:         Mark Keller <kelphoto@ISLANDNET.COM>
Subject:      Turbo Waterboxer was Re: Tough driving in thin air
Comments: To: Ari Ollikainen <Ari@OLTECO.COM>

Ari,

When Yoshi post pictures of his Nippon get together there was a turbocharged waterboxer.

Sincerely,

Mark Keller 91 Carat non turbo

>On the vanagon perhaps some type of small gated turbocharger might be >available. I have seen somewhere a picture of a turbo'd WBX, but I don't >remember where. I have also seen turbo's available that a good >automotive craftsman could adapt.

I'd like to see that picture. Was it intercooled, too?

>If a gated turbo could be installed to keep the atmospheric pressure at >sea-level where-ever you are ... be it at the beach or Leadville, CO on >a hot day, you would really have something. > At the very least it would be a plumbing nightmare given the WBX exhaust manifold design. A supercharger installation would be a lot simpler....

Having lived and gone to high school within a few blocks of Paxton, maker of superchargers for automotive and aeronautical applications, I have some personal experience with supercharging