Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Jul 2001 17:16:17 -0400
From:         Joe Romas <jromas@COLUMBUS.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: starters and solenoids
Comments: To: walter bahm <wbahm@YAHOO.COM>

Walter,

I've had several vw's that had solenoid problems and on the last one I determined the outter coil in the solenoid shrank or swelled up whichever and caused the metal plunger to bind. I put the plunger in my lath and polished the surface and the starter is still good. It's in a 91 jetta diesel with 280k miles on it.

Good luck with the screws. Joe ----- Original Message ----- From: "walter bahm" <wbahm@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, July 06, 2001 4:20 AM Subject: starters and solenoids