Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Jul 2001 22:35:52 -0400
From:         Paul Cavanaugh <phonyexpress@IWAYNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: 4th heater core burst in 1 year!
Comments: To: Mark Dorm <mark_hb@hotmail.com>

Hi Mark,

I didn't even know I had a differential cooler until the first one broke. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe this part is only on the automatic transmission. It passes the transmission fluid through a thin metal part with the coolant on the other side (I presume to cool the transmission fluid).

I have never changed the pressure cap on my expansion tank on a regular basis, but it might be a good idea, or else to have it tested yearly. (I do the coolant yearly, the brake fluid every other year).

I hope to know more next week - will post the mechanic's finding for everyone. I tried to get into another mechanic, but there is a two week wait, and I can't do without the car, so I am giving him the suggestions from vanagon.com members...

Paul