Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Jul 2001 12:26:33 -0500
From:         Dan Eggert <deggert@NEW.RR.COM>
Subject:      how much did you pay for your vanagon

Hello Volks,

I have two Vanagons, The first is a 1981 vanagon L that has 198,000 miles on it. I got for a trade for my Honda Civic which was a heap! I had to put about $300 into it to get it reliable. It was missing lots of body parts and had some rust, but it ran and ran reliably. After about 10,000 miles, the front brakes were junk. The calipers froze up and the rotors were grooved. Replaced the whole works. Changed a CV joint somewhere along the way. Now it sits behind a garage with a leaky tank, bad CV joint, and blown front seal. It is being traded for a new paint job on my new van.

It is a 1983 Vanagon L with 93,000 miles on it currently. It is a project van that I got out of a junk yard for $400. Had to put in a new motor and clutch disk for about $475. New tires all the way around $200. Odds and ends $100 Approximatley $1200 into it right now. Some rust and two holes that are now being worked on finished off with a new original color paint job for trade for the 81. It still needs a new back bumper, three end caps, rubber stripping for both front and back bumpers, so if anyone has these for sale please let me know. Sometime this week, a new gas tank is coming because the one in it right now got caved in when the fork lift pulled it out of the junk yard. I'll be changing the fule line at the same time. When I am done I will be guessing around $1500. Check it out at my website www.daneggert.com

Again, if anyone has: back bumper (chrome) endcaps front and back bumper rubber front and back please let me know becasue I am in need of them Thanks

Eggz

[text/html]