Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 7 Jul 2001 16:58:48 -0400
From:         John Tomljenovic <zadar72@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: how much did you pay for your vanagon
Comments: To: Peder Parizek <pederparizek@QWEST.NET>

Got my 83.5 westfalia in nov 2000 for $5500 from a dealer no less. And in the chicago area more so.

The clincher is that it had only 25,000mi and full records; minimal rust(you really had to look hard, here in the rust belt that could be considered rust free); And an imaculate interior, the stove and fridge looked like they were never used. This sounded like a great deal until I invested to make it road worthy.

that was another $2000. which was tires, hoses, poptop seals, mirrors, stereo, etc, etc...

All in all it was a fair deal, we just completed our cross country trip during may/june, 6 weeks and 8000mi trouble free! we stayed one night in a hostel the whole time, and about 10days worth at family/friends places, the rest was living it up in the westie. this was just too cool and the best seven grand I ever spent.

Good luck Peder with your vanagon purchase, you did good, A rust free vanagon is hard too come by where we live.

Johnny T

83.5 Westie (??? green) now with 36000mi (ouch!)