Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:   Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:03:08 EDT
From:   JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:   how to install the floor tracks in your westyRe:tracksforsingle captain's chair
Comments:   To: wolzphoto@worldnet.att.net

In a message dated 7/11/01 12:59:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time, wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET writes:

> Remove the plywood. The tracks (unless your '87 is different from my '85) > are right there in the floor. you'll have some pieces held down with large > crews filling the tracks so that your floor is level. you'll need to remove > the screws and then slide the ;pieces out the side door. Then just slide > your seat in. > >

he's referring to the westy formica covered plywood floor. not too easy to remove that unless u gut the whole int! :<) 87 westys didnt have the floor tracks like the 85 westys did. i was saying, take a circular saw, and cut 2 slots in the plywood westy floor, directly above the coresponding bolt holes (you can see them under the van, all vanagons are made with welded in threaded bolt holes to mount the middle seat floor tracks, campers included - just the campers have these holes filled w/ plastic "bolts" to keep the water out) (drill up thru these from beneath - that tells you where to cut the slots in the plywood floor ) then just set the metal floor rails down in these slots. cut a small strip to fill the gaps when the middle seat is not in use (or you can find some of those westy floor track covers, if youre lucky..i had some of these for sale for a while, nobody even was interested in them, i gave them to someone) anyway, its the same process as installing the floor rails in the westy for the 2 person middle seat.. good luck, hope this helps chris

[text/html]