Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Jul 2001 07:36:29 -0700
From:         Steve Schwenk <steve@SYNCRO.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Re '91 Westy value
Comments: To: Stephen Steele <steeles@HORIZONVIEW.NET>

They routinely sell for that out here. I am not guessing or making it up, just read out local classifieds.

Stephen Steele wrote: > > > Here's an ad on the Westfalia Owners' Classifieds... '91 FS for over a year > with less than 22K on it ... > > > 1991 WESTFALIA CAMPER 21K M!!! YES!21K ACTUAL MILLES NO RAIN,NO WINTER > 100%ORIGINAL > > Ad By: Richardfortin (0) > > Location: n-d du nord, Quebec > > Category: Vanagon THIS VAN IS THE NICES VAN IN AMERICA.ORIGINAL TIRES!! > > ORIGINAL PAINT 100%.GARAGE KEPT ALL YEAR ROUND.$19900 U.S > > FIRM.FREE DELIVERY IN AMERICA.VERY VERY SERIOUS ONLY PLEASE.CALL RICHARD > > 1-819-723-2601 QUEBEC CANADA > > YOU WONT BELIVE IT! > > Seems to me if it was worth that much (or more) it would have sold by now. > JMHO. > In looking for the 'right' late model Westy I am finding that they sell for > $10-15K depending on condition, mileage, location, and the time of year. > YMMV. > A van described as above should sell at a premium in the Spring on the West > Coast. I am a little skeptical that the premium would be as high as > described by Misters Schwenk, Radcliffe and Fortin. In my experience > overestimated market value is determined by how long it takes the "two fools > to meet". I have bought some wonderful real estate after the first fool > gave up waiting and became realistic. > > -- > Stephen > Chillicothe OH