Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 8 Jul 2001 12:21:20 EDT
From:         JordanVw@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Rear shoulder belts for 88 Westy?
Comments: To: swright@sls.bc.ca

In a message dated 7/8/01 12:06:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, swright@SLS.BC.CA writes:

> I'm sure this topic must have come up before, but I've had no luck > searching the archives. My daughter (4 yo) has outgrown her car seat, > and now requires a booster to be used with a shoulder&lap belt combo. > I'd like to retrofit one into our '88 Westy rear bench, on the > passenger side (and driver side if possible). > > One local auto wrecker says I can buy the belt from a Vanagon for $45 > & put it in the right side, another wrecker says it is too much > trouble to install the retractor in the rear wall cavity, and I > should have a local auto upholstery shop add a shoulder strap to the > existing belt. Has any one done this? Any tips? > >

theres plenty on this in the recent archives. get a rear shoulderbelt from a '90-'91 passenger vanagon - the only 2 years they came with rear shoulderbelts. the mounting holes are already there, on all westys.. even '80 westys have the mounting holes for the 90-'91 rear shoulderbelts. and sorry, i sold the last 2 i had. chris

[text/html]