Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:30:44 -0400
From:         "Fitz-Randolph, Douglas" <Doug@BEACONMARKETING.NET>
Subject:      FS: Modified bed hinges - 4" lift over stock
Comments: To: Syncro@egroups.com

Hi all. 2 years ago I purchased a set of modified bed hinges from list member Björn Ratjen, who brought them back from Germany. These hinges lift the bed 4" higher than standard, and would typically be used when doing an engine conversion which requires modifying the engine bay cover. I purchased them with the intention of creating a storage compartment above the engine bay as a part of an interior overhaul... which after two years I'm coming to realize I will never do.

SO... the hinges are for sale for what I paid for them - $160 US + cost of shipping. Shipping by method of your choice.

These are the same hinges David Marshall sells at Fast Forward - possibly for $235 US, though I'm not sure if the price on his site is for the hinges alone, or for the hinges + installation. In any case, you can view the instructions that are included with the hinges at http://www.fastforward.ca/VanagonSwap/bedhinge.pdf

Oh... did I mention the instructions are in German? Luckily, the pictures are language-independent!

The hinges are still in the box I received them in, sitting out in the shed. Never installed. Payment by money order, check, paypal, billpoint all OK. Look forward to hearing from you.