Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:47:21 -0700
From:         Arlen & Edie <manx1342@QWEST.NET>
Subject:      Tiico fuel rail info........
Comments: To: Bill Knight <bill.knight@USA.NET>

Hi Bill & all,

I'm working on a Tiico kit right now. One of the areas that I am working on at the moment is the fuel rail situation. I have turned up rails and injectors from both a '92 and a '93 Jetta/Golf. They are different but they both can be made to work. The biggest problem in doing this conversion is making your own mounting brackets to hold the rail solidly in place. I've done the '92 brackets and am just starting on the '93. Both rails have the pressure regulator built in to them. The main difference between them are the angles that the pressure and return hose nipples are pointed. The '92 injectors line up with the head perfectly whereas the center two on the '93 are ever so slightly further apart, I don't believe enough to be a problem though. The mounting brackets look like they are going to be easier to make on the '93 and I like the hose angles better. I will be trying them both so will have more info later. If anyone would like to see pictures of the mounting just let me know and I can email them to you (in a couple weeks, I'm starting a se7en day seminar this Saturday).

The fuel rail that came with the Tiico kit was a huge disappointment, especially for us "anal" types.

Arlen