Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 12 Jul 2001 08:14:28 -0700
From:         Dana Morphew <kadm@PUGETSOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hot Weather Effects... and some information.

Just wondering ... would it help to solve this problem if you installed a switched fan, thermal/manual, in one of the D-post cavities? I don't know if it would be best to exhaust heat or blow air into the engine cavity. A reversible fan would be nice. Or maybe it's a question of insulating the fuel tank? Could you run the return fuel line through a heat exchanger? -Dana- ... > Identical behaviour to older cars with fuel vaporising before the carburetor. > Both the pump and fuel lines would be too hot to touch at this point. A new > (expensive) pump improved things a lot, but on extreme heat days, it still > hesitates after idling. A half hour rest to cool down (good for the driver too!) > puts things back to normal. ...