Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:21:36 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Washing your Westy?
Comments: To: jwarner@NETWALK.COM

I've scrubbed the fiberglass top with Wesleys Bleach White to remove the fungus (that black stuff) and have never had any problems with the top seals leaking but I normally lift the top so I'm sure to dry it out and prevent mildew. Never sparay your canvas with Scotch Guard, it yellows when it is exposed to UV sun light ( i was warned before I did it and glad I was). Marine Dealers have the best water repellant products and they are UV safe. A west spot after spray washing your canvas doesn't mean that its going to leak, I have several wet spots when I'm caught in thunderstorms while out camping but they don't leak to the inside so just ignore them.

Stan Wilder 83 Westfalia Air Cooled

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 14:52:15 GMT Jeff Warner <jwarner@NETWALK.COM> writes: > Okay, I'm new to the pop-top thing and I was just wondering if > washing a Westy > traditionally presents any problems. I washed it last night for the > first time > and I was a bit hesitant to spray water at the top seals. Have any > of you pop- > top owners had problems with water getting in while you're hosing > off your > Westy? Should I be concerned especially with the high presure wands > at the > local car wash? > > Jeff Warner > '86 Westy Weekender "Barry" > '87 GL "Van" > Bunch of other > stuff.

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.