Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:25:29 -0700
From:         Leon Korkin <korkwood@SURFREE.COM>
Subject:      Re: overheating

Andrew, I myself spent 1 year chasing cooling system problems replacing most parts, redoing it and thinking it would never work. You don't tighten spring type clamps. You tighten only ones that can be tightened like band clamps. The clamps may be tight enough for coolant not to leak but air can still get in. The leaking coolant system works like vacuum when there is air inside, drawing more air inside. Having myself experienced most if not all of the cooling system problems and fixing it, i am trying to save someone time and money avoiding unnecessary work.