Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 Jul 2001 15:57:48 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Washing your Westy?
Comments: To: CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET

The top only needs to be cleaned about once every five years unless you park under a mulberry tree. I had a few streaks but they waxed right out. You can use just regular dish soap and scrub hard and get a perfect job. I've just got one of those sleazy three side seals for my top from XXXX and I'm going to paint my top with the two part textured paint before I install it, so I'm going to use the Wesley's Bleach White because I want it really clean. I know I'm going to have some streaks but I'll just wax them out and that will be that. You could get some construction plastic or good plastic drop cloths but time spent masking is more time than waxing out the streaks.

Stan

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 10:56:29 -0500 Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET> writes: > Stan, > > I have always wondered about this--- > What does the bleach white or other fiberglass cleaners do to the > Van's > paint? > > I know that bleach will stip the wax off the body of the van, and > streak > it like crazy. > > I know this because I have bleached the canvas on my boat, and it > messed > up the finish on the hull below. > > How do you prevent this from happening? > > Do you mask off the body of the van with plastic? > > Later, > > ______________ > |[ ] [ ] [ ]\ > | | | | > ~~~ ~||-(())----(())-| > > Terry-- > 74 Campmobile- (Clementine) > 85 GL- (Delilah) > 86 BMW 325 ES- (Eva)

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.