Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jul 2001 18:59:01 -0400
From:         puzerewski <puzerewski@MSN.COM>
Subject:      2 liter saga with fi continued
Comments: To: type2@type2.com

Volks, Today brought mixed results.

Replaced fuel injector seals. They were shot. Ordered new distributor clamp from the dealer..........Will see if that helps keep the high end timing stabilized.

When you put the timing light to set the total advance at say 3000 rpms, my timing mark is jumping from 42 within 6+/-. Does not hold steady. New points and condenser.........worn distributor sound right? Does anyone make a new vacuum advance dizzy for the 2 liter besides the dealer? Or would the 050 be in the ballpark?

Discovered the Clymer manual for the air cooled vanagons is great for troubleshooting the FI. I will delve into that tomorrow.

I currently have a $20 voltmeter, and need to upgrade to be able to handle any of the tests I am about to perform. Any recommendations on a model (under $100)?

Adam Puzerewski

81 westy 74 beetle 73 Transporter (new!!!!!!!)

Vanagon Partsmobiles