Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:29:58 -0400
From:         doc ric <docric@PREFERRED.COM>
Subject:      BUSES ON THE RIVER!

Hello ALL!

Upon the realization that there were no Full Moon Bus Club campouts during the month of August, in the North Carolina and TN regions, your friendly, local TN members have been planning away! We've spent many hours from many days finding a spot that we feel would be a suitable camping location for this August and, hopefully, many Augusts to come.

We feel that we have finally found just such a spot, and want to invite ANY and ALL to join us for BUSES ON THE RIVER!

We would like to invite ALL of our Full Moon buddies, our other club members (the Good Ole Volks), as well as ANY other VW enthusiast to this event.

We will be camping alongside the Nolichucky River, at the Nolichucky Gorge Campground in Erwin, TN. This campground was built by many rafters, kayakers, and hikers hours of fruitful volunteer efforts. It is positioned within one of the deepest gorges in the entire Southeast, and has great water accessibility, not to mention literally bordering the National Forest and the Appalachian Trail. All beverages and all dogs are WELCOME within the campground, so it will be perfect for us!

At only an hour's drive from Asheville and just 2 hours from Knoxville, it makes for the PERFECT TENNESSEE camping experience!

If you're into mountain biking, watersports, hiking, eating, fishing, or just plain doing nothing, then this is the campout for you. The middle of August will be hot, but the water will be cool and the pines that we will be camping under should provide with ample shade. Experience August as it ought to be experienced... with your VW friends, at the Buses On The River campout!

Here's the website link... CHECK IT OUT!! http://www.geocities.com/goodolevolk/busriver.html The Food list page is going to be updated repeatedly, as everyone confirms their spots. We will be doing a Breakfast Burrito meal for Saturday morning, and will be planning a Saturday evening meal, as well. Keep checking back to the page for updates!

For any questions, updates, or to sign up for the food list, and so on... don't be afraid to email me, Travis Adams: GoodOleVolk@yahoo.com or call (423) 230-0986 , or Richard Austin: vwcoolbus@yahoo.com and (423) 245-1723.

We all look forward to seeing you, Travis Adams Richard Austin "Dicko"