Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jul 2001 06:52:12 -0700
From:         Michael Snow <mwsnow@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: spring options and cost?
Comments: To: Oxroad@AOL.COM

The stock Westy springs are approx. $350 rear and $250 front each from the VW dealer. About $1200 for a complete set. The H&R springs are for lowering the van (reducing available suspension travel) and reputed to be very stiff. Some owners with passenger vans seem to like the stiff and sporty feel when driving aggressively. Eibach also makes heavy duty Vanagon springs for people who use their vans as commercial cargo haulers, but only for the Euro market. AFAIK, no company produces the equivalent of a stock camper spring. It is very expensive to produce progressive rate coil springs like the stock Vanagon units in less than OEM production quantities. Unfortunately, nobody seems to be able to produce a progressive spring that does not take a set over time that completely eliminates the "progressiveness". Quality single rate springs seem to be the best option for those who have had enough of the leaning and sagging.

Mike Snow

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jeffrey R" <Oxroad@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 6:28 AM Subject: spring options and cost?