Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 Jul 2001 08:31:00 -0700
From:         Don & Christina Preston <betsy@UTAH-INTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: HIgh Idle
Comments: To: Boroko <marokus@VOYAGER.NET>

I'm having a problem with major high idling (and surging) as well. Replaced the Idle Stabilizer valve (on top of engine), opened up and checked the Idle Stabilizer Control unit (behind taillight), and checked every single !$%*& vacuum line on the van.

If I disconnect the valve (on top of engine), the van dies. If I pinch the tube going into the AFM, idle returns to normal.

What could it be?

Don Preston '87 Wolfy GL ~Betsy the Mp3 Bus~

----- Original Message ----- From: "Boroko" <marokus@VOYAGER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 3:32 AM Subject: HIgh Idle