Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:04:21 -0500
From:         David Stell <dstell@MMCABLE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Sliding Door Intermittent Electric Door Locking Problem

I had this problem too when I was having trouble with the rear latch and trying to adjust the sliding door for a better fit. My trial adjustments were limited to loosening and moving the rear latch post around in it's range of adjustments. When I would adjust it to where the rear of the door would stick out from the door frame even slightly when closed, the electric lock would not click locked. Especially since you describe "steadying" (putting pressure on, perhaps?) the rear part of the door when closing it gets results, I'd say you should probably adjust the latch post by moving it slightly inwards. Takes a 15 or 17mm wrench (I think). Loosen it only enough that it becomes moveable (probably only 1/4 turn or so). Be sure to mark where the latch post is now with a pen, pencil, or scribe before you loosen it so you'll have a point of reference. Hope this will solve your problem.

David Stell '91 Vanagon Carat

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christopher Mundy" <cwmundy@OPTUSNET.COM.AU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2001 9:24 PM Subject: Sliding Door Intermittent Electric Door Locking Problem