Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 Jul 2001 01:02:48 -0500
From:         Marshall Ruskin <mjruskin@HOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: Speeding ticket in Canada (partial vanagon cont.)
Comments: To: OuiSki1@AOL.COM

Yes, you have options.

- You can plead not guilty in court, and then make your case, as best you can, - you can pay the ticket - or you can hire POINTS or a similar company to represent you.

POINTS is a org of para-legals (usually retired cops - who work to beat your tickets for a fee). Good reputation.

If you're fighting it yourself, it helps to have undisputable facts in hand.

Best thing you could hope for is the Mountie doesn't show up at the hearing, - because she's on leave - and then the case is thrown out.

Otherwise you have a battle.

Marshall Ruskin 84 Westy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Kraning" <OuiSki1@AOL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, July 15, 2001 11:12 PM Subject: Speeding ticket in Canada (partial vanagon cont.)