Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:20:35 -0400
From:         jhlauterbach <jhlauterbach@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: MICHELIN AGILIS
Comments: To: Cory Sammons <slagskot@HOTMAIL.COM>

My local Tires Plus did the exchange this morning of the Agilis 61s for the RainForce MX4 88Ts. I have about 50 miles on them so far. You have to remember what the tires on early Vanagons looked like to appreciate the Agilis. Ride seemed harsher than with the RainForce, but then again I ran the RainForce at 35 all the way around and the Agilis are at 36/44. Also, it was windy here in middle GA this morning. I didn't notice it on US 41 going 100 km/h or so, but on the return trip from Forsyth, I took I-75 and was running at 120-125 km/h (4200-4400 rpm) and I felt that the cross wind was buffeting me about more than expected. My views may be influenced by the fact that my shocks are over 4 years old and their true vintage is only known by unknown POs.

John Lauterbach Macon, GA

P.S. at 12:05 a.m. EDT this morning, Michelin was still recommending RainForce MX4 for Vanagons. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Cory Sammons" <slagskot@HOTMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 5:39 PM Subject: Re: MICHELIN AGILIS