Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 Jul 2001 09:50:58 EDT
From:         Chuck Mathis <CMathis227@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Servicing AT/Diff/PS fluids

Edward,

Dexron III is a newer, improved version of Dexron. All Dexrons are 'forward' compatible (you can use III in place of Dexron) but not 'backward' (no Dexron in place of III). I've got Mobil 1 synthetic Dexron III in both my tranny and PS it works fine.

As far as the pump goes, I'd try a marine supply if WallyMart doesn't have anything. I only say that because the only guy I've seen use one was our Machinery Tech servicing outboards in the Coast Guard. I think he had a reserved parking spot at one of the local marine supplies.

Chuck '85 Wolfsburg Westy - 'Roland the Road Buffalo'