Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:23:30 -0500
From:         Mark & Laura Magee <marklaura@HOUSTON.RR.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC Conversion: R12 to R134A
Comments: To: Michael Townsend <townsend@rtp.ericsson.se>

Michael.

Michael Townsend wrote:

> I'm about to do the same, but I need some more clarification: > > 1: Where is the expansion valve, and where do I purchase one? I didn't > see it on our friendly internet vendors' sites.

Find SouthEast Air in Fort Worth Texas, they have everything at a great pirce.

> > 2: I can see one of the ports on the line near the compressor. Where is > the other one?

Remove left rear kick panel in cargo bay.

> > 3: Shouldn't you replace the ports before you evacuate the system? :-)

Ports merely screw on top of old ones.

> > 4: I have never heard of flushing with non-chlorinated brake cleaner. Do > you just spray it in each section of plumbing, followed by the air?

Correct, you can purchase the cleaner sold at parts houses, but it is basically non-chlorinated brake cleaner. You will need 4 or 5 cans, shoot it in the open line, then chase it through w/compressed air until it runs clean on the other end.