Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:53:12 -0800
From:         adam GROVe <roverini@JUNO.COM>
Subject:      More storage space?
Comments: To: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

While working on my 91 syncro westy installing the second battery, I notice that there is a considerable amount of room under the driver and passenger seats which is unavailable for use becasue of a steel plate welded across the front of the seat base from the floor up to the turn table for the rotating seats. Has anyone ever cut a hole in this or removed it to gain access to the space under the seat.

I have seen 2wd westies which have this space open to the front - so why not on the syncro? It would be a wonderful place for the first aid kit etc leaving my door pockets for more interesting stuff like sun glasses. In my old 73 westy - we stored a lot of stuff under those seats.

Adam Anchorage AK ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.