Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:33:14 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zol@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Re: SA vehicles
Comments: To: Michael Townsend <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE>

No, you won't. As long as the decision belongs to the few whose interest is not in your favor, you will not see any more European made or made in any other country like Russia or China or India, Brazil, South Africa models. Where are those lovely Alfa Romeos? The Citroen Club, which was car of the year a few times? Have you ever seen a Polish or a Spanish car? Argentinean or Philippine made one? You won't. It would be too cheap and our masters or I should say owners will not benefit. Sure many of those are crappy cars, but they are dirt cheap and last as long as you are taking care of them well. The South Africans manufacture all the major Japanese and German cars there, with very high quality control there (I used to be one of the inspectors), using original German forged steel shipped in there, to have a certain percentage from the original country. VW, Mercedes, BMW are the most popular vehicles there. The Japanese are doing great too. Hyundai and Daewoo are making a killing too. The control is not in our hand here, but those who have their interest in us spending our money the way they planned it for us. Even if you have the money. They make rules that you can not ignore. Money buys influence, gets power, makes laws, create sheep... And if its not money its force. They even make believers of you after a while. Rent out "The inner circle" movie once to understand how it is, in Russian style. I have wondered a little off the path, sorry. I must obey. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "Michael Townsend" <townsend@RTP.ERICSSON.SE> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2001 10:07 AM Subject: SA vehicles