Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:08:08 -0700
From:         "diverse_imaging@yahoonixthespam" <diverse_imaging@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Horrible service from BusDepot!
Comments: To: Ri <staff@EARTHNOW.ORG>

FWIW, my first experience with Bus Depot has been fine. I placed a small order about a week ago (over the phone), was told then that part of my shipment was on backorder, but that the balance was in stock and ready to go.

I called yesterday evening, confirmed that the parts were shipped (Priority Mail), and just received them not 10 minutes ago. Everything in order, no problems. I'm sure to order again in the future.

As far as Westfalia.org, while I feel it's a wealth of information, "Capt. Mike" is often a major ass.

I can appreciate his desire for organization, but his zeal for "moderating" alienates people looking for help or posing a question. If you don't search the entire site and place your question or comment in exactly the correct spot that serves his idea of where it should be, it will be deleted. Even when the topic is a gray area, there is no latitude: it should fit his "posting guidelines" exactly.

And to post a question that is EASILY FOUND on page 9788 of the Bentley, chapter 8, subsection 3, paragraph 12 will get a snide remark to reference the manual before posting such frivolous matter on his site. I had noted on one question that my Bentley was ordered, but hadn't arrived yet, but I needed help ASAP. Still no quarter from the good cap'n.

I once posted a question about window tint, remarking that I wasn't sure if it was interior or exterior, but since the tint goes on the "inside" of the glass, I posted in the "Interior" section of the message board. Not only was my message moved to another area-- which was fine, I admit it could be seen either way- but a snide comment was attached.

All said, I wouldn't place a ton of faith in Westfalia.org's opinion based on a couple of comments. From what I recall from the discussion between Bus Depot and da cap'n, there were definitely TWO sides to that situation. Remember, when it's YOUR forum, and you control the spin, you can make it seem any way you please. At least Ron was given a chance to reply, I'll concede that much.

This mailing list is a far friendlier place to ask for help, pose a question, relate an anecdote, or just plain whine. Trip reports are great, and the people here seem like my kinda folk. I wish I had more technical expertise to help others, but once in a while, something comes up that I know something about and I am happy to contribute. I think that's the feeling of most on here. In that vein, I've seen the Bus Depot step in a few times offering help, and I never get the sick feeling it's a marketing ploy -- he seems to genuinely care about the people that support his business.

Rant off. Thanks for listening.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ri" <staff@EARTHNOW.ORG> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2001 11:01 AM Subject: Horrible service from BusDepot!