Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:51:03 -0400
From:         The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Horrible service from BusDepot!

Well, here we go again... :-)

> I have been waiting 10 days for my order of tank outlets, a westy sticker > for the fridge and the gaskets for the outlets.

We specify to allow 7-10 working days for delivery of in-stock items if you order ground shipping (which you did). Expedited shipping is available (often at minimal additional cost), but you did not choose it. This would have gotten the parts to you quickly and we would have informed you right away if there were any backorders.

> I had placed a much larger order with Go Westy! that very same day, > and I received that order a week ago.

This means that you received it, by your account, three days after you ordered it. This is quite surprising, but I suppose not impossible given that you are in Oregon and Go Westy is in California. If we had shipped your order five minutes after you placed it, it still would have taken longer than that because we are across the country in Pennsylvania.

> I called the Bus Depot yesterday, left a message to return my call.

Our machine does not take messages.

> Then sent them an email. Didn't hear anything, so today called them

Your solution to call was a good one if you needed an immediate answer. You emailed us yesterday afternoon (and didn't indicate any particular hurry in your email). We generally respond to email within 1-2 working days, which, according to a recently published survey of dot-com merchants, is the norm.

> and was told my order was never shipped because they don't have the parts.

If you had not cancelled you order (and apparantly hung up on Julie), you'd have gotten those items that are in stock within that 7-10 working day timeframe. This is because you chose the "delete" option when you placed your order, meaning that we should delete any items that were not expected to be deliverable within that timeframe. Since we had to ship the order within the next day or so to get it to you within that 7-10 working day timeframe, items still not in stock would have been deleted as per your instructions. (If you had chosen the "backorder" option when placing the order, we'd have automatically shipped the remaining items when they came back in, and not charged you until they shipped.)

Incidentally, the out-of-stock items are all ones that we normally carry, but the manufacturer, Delta Six, is currently out of them.

We clearly state on our website how we handle backorders, timeframes for delivery, etc. - on a page that you are FORCED to click through in order to get to our order page. In fact to reach the order form, you must even check off a box stating that you have read the information, just so there is no misunderstanding about how we process orders. Then, just to make absolutely sure, we email you the information as well as part of your order confirmation. If you still have any questions, you can always call our customer service number at 215-234-VWVW, or email, to check on backorder or shipping status, etc.

Once again, I will remind customers that if you are in a hurry for the parts you need to choose the expedited shipping option. This puts you on the "fast track" and gets the parts to you quickly . Often the cost of doing so is hardly more than ground shipping - and given our lower prices to begin with, still cheaper than if you ordered "ground" elsewhere. On the other hand, if you're not in a rush, use the standard shipping method for maximum savings.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW