Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:46:14 EDT
From:         Tim Timothy <TimcoWestyGMC@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Water level/temp warning flasher
Comments: To: DBAKER5@kc.rr.com

Thanks for that hint Dave, I've been unable to spin the engine with the ignition switch and it does not "feel" right. Am starting the engine with a hot wire from starter solenoid to battery. Was addressing the flashing water indicator first, but in light of your experience, maybe I should shift my priority to the switch and possibly stumble upon the flasher problem in the process. Thank you Tim, Pensacola, Fl. "84 Gl, 184K mi.

> > Don't know if this is causing your problem, but I once induced a flashing > temp light by accidentally sticking a key into the slot in the steering > column right next to the ignition switch. I have a big key for my Geo > Tracker that doesn't quite fit on my key ring and occasionally sticks out > at a right angle to it. Once, while starting up the Westy, the Tracker key > got wedged into the steering column, causing the horn to blow and the temp > light to flash. Man! Did that drive me nuts for a good 2-3 minutes until > I saw the problem! >

[text/html]