Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jul 2001 07:05:33 -0700
From:         PSavage <psavage@SABER.NET>
Subject:      More Cold Start Mystery

Morning List, Thanks for all the stabs at my Cold Start Mystery! My connectors are squeaky clean at battery terminal. The *last thing I replaced before this began was the alternator: I installed a rebuilt Bosch. Any possible connection there?

When I turn the key, there is a sound immediately, but it's as if in slow motion, a sort of groan...then it starts right up. When it first started doing this, I figured it must be the battery getting old. And replacing the battery did help, but only to the extent that the amount of time it takes to start is shorter--but there is still a groan before it starts when cold. Warm, it always starts right up. ??? Phaedra