Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:25:48 -0500
From:         "C. Chris Snyder" <trollboy_1@LYCOS.COM>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot advocate(in defense of slow..)
Comments: To: WarmerWagen@AOL.COM

---I agree with you Robert. I have been using the Bus Depot for several things I needed and they have always come though for me.

I am 51 and I can remember when people were more relaxed and didn't always complain about not having something yesterday. Just like driving here in Mississippi on US 90 almost everyone has to drive 60 or 80 in a 45 mph speed limit so they can get to the next red light first. I can't figure this out.

The Bus Depot is good with me. Good work guys.

Chris LIFE-IT IS WHAT IT IS.

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001 13:23:58 Robert Keezer wrote: >The Bus Depot is slow? >What would we do without them? Pay more and get it faster from the other guys >I guess. > >Of all the vendors to bash, The Bus Depot gets more advertising from one >bashing on the Vanagon list than some businesses get from one word of praise >elsewhere. > >Why-because it brings out all the loyal customers like myself in defense of a >valuable resource for maintenance and restoration that The Bus Depot is. > >I lived in a remote Alaska village where your order takes a loooong time, >arriving by dogsled to your front door. OK, just kidding about the dogsled! > >so I ordered a snare drum when I was in school, and by the time it arrived I >had taken up the trombone! > >It's not uncommon for most things you order by mail to take two months up >there, especially if it has to come by barge (find the Kuskokwim River) . >I have always wondered if any Vanagons ever made it out there. They only have >a bout twenty-five miles of road. > >Down in the lower 48 everyone has to have it now! Instant everything. Even >the microwave is too slow-I want it hot in five seconds! Busses and Vanagons >are slow-why shouldn't Bus Depot be? > >Bus Depot is OK with me-gotta go, have to get that order off to Bus Depot. > >Robert Keezer > >1982 Westfalia > >

Get 250 color business cards for FREE! http://businesscards.lycos.com/vp/fastpath/