Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:14:36 EDT
From:         Greg Rich <greg4vwparts@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: [Re: Servicing AT/Diff/PS fluids]

Edward You want to use a GL-4 rated diff oil, this can be hard to find sometimes.

You might have to order it from an autoparts store if not in stock, it is

not very common-DONT let them tell you GL-5 is a newer version, it has

nothing to do with new/old, but compatible metal materials.

You should also be able to find a suction pump at any auto parts source

too, but they are not usually under $10, more like $15. They don't last

very long either when they are cheap. (but long enough for the avearge

DIY). Dexron III is the same as Dexron now a days. You might want to add a stop

leak to the PS system, when I changed my fluid last month to Mobil 1 ATF

it developped a slight leak. I have heard that LUCAS makes a great stop le