Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 28 Jul 2001 15:04:02 -0400
From:         Walt Spak <wnsopc3@3RDM.NET>
Subject:      Re: gasoline odor
Comments: To: Ron Komoroski <motresyklman@LYNCHBURG.NET>

Ron,

You sure? That's an expensive repair, ya know! Oh well, I just dragged home a Cal II that has had the frame cut, forward controls, peanut tank, & straight pipes so I guess I couldn't afford your bus right now.

Ken @ Vanagain.com has a grommet kit. The center plastic drain hose is usually ok, but the little hoses to the plastic tanks get pretty rotten. When removing the little hoses from the tank, use a razor knife & cut them length wise until they fall off. If you try to yank them, twist them, pry them, etc. you may well break the plastic nipples off of the plastic tanks.

Walt Spak Pittsburgh, PA. wnsopc3@3rdm.net

----- Original Message ----- From: Ron Komoroski <motresyklman@LYNCHBURG.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2001 1:09 PM Subject: gasoline odor