Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:37:25 -0600
From:         Zoran Mladen <zmladen@AVOLENT.COM>
Subject:      Re: Procedure for changing antifreeze
Comments: To: Dave Baker <DBAKER5@KC.RR.COM>

This is wierd. Here is Colorado, folks are very health conscious, which is great! However, they do have some peculiarities out here that I do not recommend:

1. Used oil filters are thrown in the trash, not re-cycled 2. Used antifreeze - I talked to an auto parts place, they are told to tell customers to flush it down the toilet??? 3. Used mufflers - out with the trash

Thank goodness, we do recycle used oil out here. But the other three are bizarre. In Virginia, we re-cycled everything, and mufflers had to be properly disposed.

-----Original Message----- From: Dave Baker [mailto:DBAKER5@KC.RR.COM] Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 10:23 AM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: Procedure for changing antifreeze

...And while we're on this topic, what do you do with the old antifreeze? What's the best way to dispose of it?

Dave in KC 85 Westy http://members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1 <http://members.fortunecity.com/davebaker1>

----- Original Message ----- From: George Averill <mailto:averill@LDL.NET> To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM <mailto:vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 23, 2001 11:12 AM Subject: Procedure for changing antifreeze

Can someone please tell me the correct way to replace the antifreeze in a 1984 Vanagon? I'm concerned with getting all of the old antifreeze out. Thanks, George

[text/html]