Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jul 2001 12:54:17 -0600
From:         Jon B Kanas <kanas@QUALITY.QADAS.COM>
Subject:      Propane Duration

Ger.,

When we are on the road, we figure that we have seven to ten days propane using the Dometic fridge continuously and only occasionally (once or twice during the week) using the stove. When refilling after a week of use, there is less than 1/3 tank remaining. On a long trip several years ago, the propane was totally exhausted on day 10.

There is no problem filling the tank before it is empty. It tends to annoy the propane people when we put them through the hassle of connecting to that wonderful "Auto-Stop" valve and then only get 1/4 unit of propane. I keep a record of when I filled the propane tank, and how many days I've used it in my gas mileage log so I can check it before we leave on a trip.

Regards, -- Jon B Kanas

Longmont, Colorado Cultural Center of the Universe 303-678-0658 kanas@qadas.com