Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 30 Jul 2001 13:40:31 -0500
From:         Dart 330 <dart330@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      finally figured out why the cable broke again

Turns out I had the wrong piece holding the end of the cable to the throttle. Some moron mechanic at one point took a bolt and drilled a hole in it, then they screwed a nut on it up to the head of the bolt. When inserted in the metal piece of the throttle the wire went in the hole and you tighten the nut down which tightens the cable end piece to the upper metal piece on the throttle. It's kinda hard to explain, but thats how it was rigged so when you would push the gas pedal the cable would bend alot at the very end of the end cap, thus causing it to break after two months. Luckily I was able to get the correct rotating barrel thingy off the only parts vanagon I have located in town. I now have better acceleration and a much smoother pedal, thanks to all who gave some advice.

Nathan 85 Westy 74 Bus