Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jul 2001 18:31:38 -0400
From:         Richard Golen <rgolen@UMASSD.EDU>
Subject:      REMINDER - Drive In Night in One Week!

Hi All,

Just another reminder for LiMBO/Vanagon List Nite at the Drive-In, Saturday August 4 at the Rustic Drive-In on Route 146 a mile north of the intersection of I-295 and 146 in North Smithfield RI. There are three screens which usually play a double-feature, so there's something for every taste (or lack thereof).

They make us park in the back, however that's an advantage...if you have kids park the car facing the screen with the kiddie movie, and take your lawn chair and portable radio (the audio part of the movie is broadcast on FM) and sit out back and face the screen you want to see.

What's playing on the 4th...I haven't got a clue...but here's the website listings for the Rustic:

http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/include.pl/movies/theaters/rustic_drive-in_1.htm

http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/include.pl/movies/theaters/rustic_drive-in_2.htm

http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/include.pl/movies/theaters/rustic_drive-in_3.htm

Plan on arriving around 6:30 - 7:00 to get a good, back row spot!

The Rustic is easily reachable from the South....take I 95 North to I 295 North to 146

From Boston and points North...take I 95 South to I 295 South to 146

From Springfield and points West...take MassPike to 146 South

I'll post this again a few more times next week...however I'll be away during the week of 7/30, but will be back to join all of you at the Rustic!

RUSTIC DRIVE-IN Route 146, North Smithfield. 401-769-7601. $15 Per Carload. Open Nightly.

See you there!

Ric

[text/html]