Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 29 Jul 2001 21:08:42 -0600
From:         BobKat <kbpendle@ABOUTMONTANA.NET>
Subject:      Question of heat?

I am new to Vanagons, but not VW's (we own several MkI and MkII cars), due to a growing family, we need more room...Vanagon.

We looked at one yesterday, nice rig, good shape. 82 air-cooled Vanagon. No frills, no rust, $1000. Runs great with 30,000 on the engine.

My question: I live in Montana...will this thing be able to give us heat in the winter? (no underbelly gas heater, just the engine ducting.)

Any suggestion or ideas? We are not in a hurry, and I am reading the list to learn all I can before we commit to a vehicle (need to learn what to look for, and look out for:) I am considering a diesel if I can find one that runs good. (easier swaps to a TDI or a 1.8. A VR6 sound like fun, but not realistic at this point....gotta get the Cabrio project and the Jetta finished first~G~)

Thanks all!

Bob and Kathy 88 Jetta 82 Cabriolet (Project Rabid Bunny) 84 Jetta GLi (RIP, now parts:( soon a Vanagon?