Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2001, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:16:41 -0500
From:         Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      Re: For Sale--91 Multivan--JUST 40k
Comments: To: vanagon@Medwheel.org

Wow, what a nice van !!! What a nice price !!!

OUCH !!

Let's analyze this situation-------

A brand new MV with 200 hp, can be had for around $10,000 more------

Brand spanking new, drives like a dream,and no problems to worry about for a long, long time.

No built in deterioration, no missing seat, no dents to pull out.

40k or not, the heads will eventually leak, I will almost guarantee there will be some sort of problems, with something.

Let me say, it always offends me when I see a van offered for sale on this list, for some outrageous price. At least I consider it absolutely outrageous. The seller can ask whatever he or she may want, of course.

To me, this sort of ridiculous offering, implicates the the seller believes that we are a bunch of idiots, who just crawled out from under a rock, or possibly just fell off a turnip truck, willing to pay any amount of money for a Vanagon.

$19,500 for a 91 Multivan? Perhaps this may just be a typo.

Later,

Terry-- 74 Campmobile- (Clementine) 85 GL- (Delilah) 86 BMW 325 ES- (Eva)