Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Aug 2001 20:04:25 -0500
From:         Mark Ingalls <ingalls_mark@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fuel Pressure Info
Comments: To: dbeierl@attglobal.net

Hi,

On the back of my 1980-1987 edition under the fuel injection header is the same info that is in 25.25, i.e. 2.5 bar (35 or 36psi) with vac hose disconnected.

When I ran my tests the first time I had 32psi with the vac hose connected and 38 or 39 with it disconnected. So I concluded my regulator was not quite right, 3 or 4 psi high.

I can't imagine anywhere any everyday mechanic doing the math you did to determine if the regulator is bad. I think they would have the Bentley in hand and do just what I did.

The new regulator is still 3 or 4 psi high with the vac hose disconnected, so I posted the info so anyone who may have the same test results would know what the new regulator is going to deliver.

Bye, Mark Ingalls