Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 3 Aug 2001 13:26:27 -0400
From:         George Jannini <georgejoann@JUNO.COM>

----Forwarded Message----

Hello VW Friends!!!

The Peach State Transporters are planning a campout for the weekend of Friday August 17th through Sunday August 19th, 2001 at Duckett Mill Campground on Lake Sidney Lanier in northeast Georgia (just north of Atlanta).

Chris and I have already made a reservation for that weekend through the ReserveUSA website for campsite #86. This is the loop that we have camped in the past. We have not had problems finding sites in the past during August but if you are sure you are coming, I encourage you to reserve a campsite

within that loop (sites 77-85) (reservations are a two night minimum I believe).

Usually one of our members gets site #77 which has a path down to a cove on the lake - so hopefully that will happen again. The park has a small swimming beach and boat ramp. Saturday night we usually have a group meal with everyone bringing pot luck items - we will also be celebrating George Raterree's birthday too!

INFO IS AS FOLLOWS:

Reservations for individual campsites can be made by calling 1-877-444-6777 or on the web at www.reserveusa.com Phone number for Duckett Mill Campground directly is 770-532-9802

For Duckett mill sites 68-86: http://www.reserveusa.com/nrrs/ga/ducm/ducm6.html RATES (PER NIGHT) - I believe all of these sites have everything Campsite w/o hookups $14.00. Campsite w/electricity and water $20.00

I believe the rule is only one camping unit (bus) per site - if it is a westy. But you could also have a tent on the same site or a non-westy bus. We have doubled up in the past (even with two westys) so hopefully they will be cool with us. Any of you who might be tent camping and would like to find a westy to double up with to save money, let me know and I'll try to hook

ya'll up.

Hopefully I have covered everything, but if you have any further questions, email me, bethvw@aol.com

Otherwise, hope we can see many of you that weekend. Remember to bring your sunscreen and rafts/floats!

Beth

Beth Wallace & Chris Sanor Atlanta, Georgia Proud owners of: 85 Vanagon Westy 68 Single Cab 62 Crew Cab 87 Cabriolet ________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.