Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Aug 2001 01:19:50 -0700
From:         Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.NET>
Subject:      Return of the TURD (Part 4, the undiscovered movement)
Comments: To: dbginfo@yahoogroups.com

As was posted yesterday, TURD is repaired for now, and it's time to try a cruise. Later this morning she should be packed and ready to go. It was a real treat to take my 5yr old daughter for a trip to Dog and Suds for lunch today. She deserved a treat after helping her dad clean the interior of the camper.

It turns out that the funny smell was a tootsie-pop that had melted in the cabinet. Lucky for us, it was on a paper plate so the clean-up only took a few seconds. Ahh, the joy of kids <sigh>. The water tank is still empty and the camp batteries are now on the charger. We'll see how well they held up over the winter. Even if they are toast they were cheap and a new source is available.

By noon TURD should be on her way from Aurora, IL to Oshkosh WI as a shakedown cruise. It's probably a good idea to get her out before leaving for a week or so on the road with the entire family counting on her not leaving us stranded somewhere in the U.P. of Michigan. I have a few cell phone numbers with me for the trip, plus a bently and a pile of parts and tools to take with. If I have them I probably won't need them (Murphy's Law). But then again Murphy states that the only part to act-up will be one I don't have, can't get, or don't have the tool to replace. Since we just got a new (to us) dog, Sir Rumplemintz the Unsettled (the dog) will be coming with me. Daughter 1 is spending the weekend with a friend, Daughter 2 is going to the Kendall County Fair with the monster-in-law, and the wife has no desire to be trapped in TURD until it has proven itself. If anyone needs DBG stickers, I'll have them with me in the bus from now on. Find the TURD and you've found the large window stickers.

See you all around the campfire

Chris Smith Head Slave