Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Aug 2001 00:00:13 -0300
From:         Rose Mulvale <r.mulvale@NS.SYMPATICO.CA>
Subject:      Friday, right? (Was Re:   my dog and a bicycle trailer...)

Now, let me get this straight: somebody is going to be hauling this 95 lb Golden on a trailer behind her (his?) bicycle? (For myself, with 95 lbs and four-paw-drive, he'd be hauling _me_... `-)

My late husband would have been the one to deal with this: he's the guy who developed a solar-powered bicycle trailer (fed a battery and so helped with propulsion)(don't ask - this was before I met him!) that doubled as a solar cooker when he stopped for supper.

His brother is also into bicycles and kayaks, and might have a few clues - but he's off up and down the western half of North America, making music and coddling his '84 Wolfsburg Westy through some rough spots. (The only time I hear from him is when the Heffalump is throwing hissy fits - as if it's my fault!)

I shall, however, draw your concerns to his attention at his next stop. And (who knows?) he may come up with a viable solution. Be warned, though: if you go commercial with it, sure as a VW speaks to you through the soles of your feet and the seat of your pants, he'll want a piece of the action.

Nova Scotia Rose sulky '84 Westy (Gretchen Sugarlump Wasserboxer)(with a name like that, you'd sulk too! `-) silky '01 Toyota Prius (tank filled three times since May purchase.... | -)

ps Is it true that Friday is free for VW War Stories from the past? Or was that just a rumour...?

=============================== i write not only when ive got something to say but when ive got a feeling for saying

Kerry Miller (from correspondence with Poh Kum, July 1970) ================================