Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 4 Aug 2001 17:40:50 -0500
From:         Dart 330 <dart330@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      85 exhaust supports needed

Seems the Vanagon is turning into my Bus, the more I drive it the more things go wrong. The pipe coming from the front two cylinders cracked where it bolts to the pipe going to the CAT. Had this welded shut so I didn't have to cough up 80 bucks for a new pipe. So while I was trying to figure out why this happened, I noticed the muffler strap was broken. 40 bucks from BD and $52 locally seemed pretty high for a strap, so I got some sheet metal and pop riveted mine back together and it is working well. Now the only other problem I see is that I have none of the metal support bars on the drivers side like I do on the passenger side. I think there are supposed to be 3 of these, and two of them bolt into the engine case and the other one bolts up higher. I have the bolt on the pipe for these to connect to, but apparently when my engine was rebuilt last they lost these parts, along with various other things. So does anybody know where I can get some of these? I didn't see them listed on the BD website and I haven't found any good parts vans in town. All help is greatly appreciated.

Nathan In Columbia, MO 85 Westy 74 Bus