Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Aug 2001 05:29:18 -0700
From:         Steve Suprata <syncrosteve@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: [Syncro] 4WD Waterfall Trip
Comments: To: Mick Kalber <hotlava@interpac.net>
Comments: cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Aloha Mick! Wow, to live in Hawaii! We honeymooned in Hawaii in '97. Five days on Kauai and 3 on the Big Island. We took a tourist trip to Waipio Valley for a horseback ride though the valley, took the ride down to the valley floor in the ranches 4wd van. It was cloudy and raining and the streams at the bottom were high. We had to ford them in the van. The van driver told us to get our feet and packs up off the floor as the water came in about 3-4 inches deep. The road down was STEEP! Anyway, we had a great time. The rain and overcast made it quite an adventure abd lent a surreal quality to it. We loved it. Can't wait to go back. We didn't get a chance to see the volcanoes but we'll try next time. I'd love to see the pictures you have. Kauai was pretty cool, too. We hiked, kayaked had a wonderful honeymoon.

--- Mick Kalber <hotlava@interpac.net> wrote: > After listening to all you guys/gals talking about > your summertime trips for a couple of months now, I > just had to share today's adventure with you. We > took off from Hilo, Hawaii this morning and drove > about 60 miles up the Hamakua coast (to the north) > to the Parker Ranch (once the largest privately > owned cattle ranch in the United States, believe it > or not). At the Waimea (Kamuela) end of the ranch > we turned down Mud Lane (VERY appropriately named) > and made our way to our friend's house near the > pastures above the Waipio Valley. Deep blue skies > with puffy white clouds greeted us around the > valley... an area that is often (and for every day > this past week) very cloudy and rainy. > > Daddeo made it slipping and sliding a bit thru the > cow pastures to the now abandoned cane fields above > the valley... the syncro performed flawlessly as we > made our way between trees and up and down the > overgrown, muddy lanes leading to the falls. Once > there, we swam in the pool below the forty foot > waterfall, took pictures, ate snacks and drank > sodas. What a fabulous day... Hawaii doesn't get > much better than that! What great fun to work out > the syncro and enjoy one of the coolest spots I know > of on this island. > > If any of you syncronauts (or vanagonites) would > like to see pictures of this idyllic location,. let > me know and I will p-mail them to you. Sorry, I > don't have a website to post them on at the moment. > > Aloha, > > Mick Kalber > 89 Syncro Westy "Daddeo" > Tropical Visions Video, Inc. > 62 Halaulani Place > Hilo, Hawaii 96720 > 808-935-5557 > 808-935-0066 (fax) > hotlava@interpac.net > www.volcanoscapes.com >

===== Steve Suprata

86 Syncro Westy "Izzie"