Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Aug 2001 08:28:12 -0500
From:         Terry Kay <CTONLINE@WEBTV.NET>
Subject:      87 Wolfsburg

OK, wait till you hear this one-----

I see, in a local Advertiser paper, a color picture of this van , with an advertised price of $1399.00 and was thinking------- My toilet needs this and that, so if I buy this, and it needs little, I'll part out my 85, and be happy.

I call the dealershp it's at, and the guy says that all it needs is brake work , so I drive 35 miles, with this thought in my mind of all this grandure-------

I got there, and almost puked, right on the salesmans shoe----

He gave me the key, and told me to go drive it----

I started it up, and it fired right away, with the "I've been siitin too long sydrome, clack, clack , clack.

Hmmmmm.

Interior's as clean as a whistle--- Radio works, AC blows cold, Front heater doesn't, Rear heater does, Power mirror's work.

I crawl under the back and the damn thing doesn't have a drop of oil or crud on the bottom of the engine or trans.

I get out from under the van get back inside, and hold the throttle at about 1500 rpm, and here comes the sales guy.

" Boy does this thing sound like shit !"

"I think it's about ready to blow up! "Why in the hell didn't you tell me this before I drove all the way up here?" And "Why in the hell didn't you tell me that some idiot rolled and brushed the paint on this thing---I never would have even considered buying this toilet if I knew this"

"You'll have to talk to the boss"----

I told him this rat is going to have a bunch of birthday's sitting on his lot--- and there is a very small margin of Vanagon appreciator's traveling the steeet's, and he had better plan on sitting on this rat for a long time.

"What will you give for it?"

Without blinking an eye, I said "$400.00, and that's $400.00 OTD, no other BS taxes or title fee's".

He said 5, I said 450, and the deal was struck.

I figure I am getting all the neat stuff, putting the engine in mine, and selling the rest to get the 450 back.

Keep silent on this one--------

I think there would be some unhappy camper's out there in Vanagonland, if they knew what I paid for it.

Another day in TK's off the wall life-----

Later,

Terry-- 74 Campmobile- (Clementine) 85 GL- (Delilah) 86 BMW 325 ES- (Eva)