Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Aug 2001 13:09:27 -0400
From:         "Jose R. Moscoso" <jmoscoso@UCCARIBE.EDU>
Subject:      Hello and looking for some parts

Fellows and fellaws: Hello back after some time off to expend with my family (and because I went deaf-mute at home, no phones line). Last week I tried to make a sudden stop behind an adolescent in a Nissan Pathfinder at a stop light. Front left caliper blew-up and I loose all braking pressure, so I kiss the kids ass. There was not too much damage to the front except for the lower apron, and the lower grill, and the side lights, and the front chrome bumper, and that the A/C condenser hit the radiator which was rusted and opened in three different places, and that the gear box moved a couple of centimeters back and know it is harder to turn the wheel, the rest is fine. I took the opportunity to take off the full A/C system since it hasn't work for the last 4 years. I have expended something around $500.00 already and no body work has been done. The Pathfinder's fix is something around $1,300.00.

Now, I'm looking for the front lower grill and the lights. I can't pay new prices right now so they better be cheap or free for the shipping. Any volunteers.

By the way, I was in Allentown PA for ten hours on June 22, got to see something like 5 Vanagons and Westfalias. I wrote down the tag numbers, but loose he paper. Three of them were around a small store someplace near 7th. St. (across the street from J.C.Penney's). The only one being roll was a wine colored ('86 to '89) with a young couple aboard. Chris, I declare Allentown, Vanagon capital on your behalf.