Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2001, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:54:20 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@ONEBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Favorite Questions While Fixing the Bus (f)
Comments: To: Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM>

the guy that lives next to me drives all Fords, he always askes when am i going to stick missile lunchers on the front, soon i say

most modern day car owers never really understand the VW way of life, we love the car that takes us around, and putting work into it only helps its life span..

-- Joseph Fortino fortino1@onebox.com - email (510) 360 -7829 voicemail/fax

---- Chris Stann <ChrisS@INFORMS.COM> wrote: > My favorite and ranking #1 in the 'most irksome' category. This question > only got asked while I was lying on my back with my arm twisted in > an > impossible position while trying to tighten, or loosen, that same nut > for > the last 30 minutes: 'Are you finished yet?' > > I said 'got asked' because ex-wives don't ask those questions. ;) > > Chris > '85 Westy > Usual disclaimers apply. > > -----Original Message----- > From: Vanagon Mailing List [mailto:vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com]On Behalf > Of Pedersen, Michael > Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 12:21 PM > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > Subject: Re: Favorite Questions While Fixing the Bus (f) > > > How about: > > Why can't we drive a normal vehicle? > Are you going to ride your bike to work tomorrow? > Is this what you're going to do all weekend? > Can the kids play in the pop-top at least? > > Regards, > > Mike Pedersen > '88 Westie GL Automatic > Powell River, BC > > > > -----Original Message----- > > From: Alan Bosch [mailto:arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM] > > Sent: Friday, August 10, 2001 9:26 AM > > To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM > > Subject: Favorite Questions While Fixing the Bus (f) > > > > > > Dave O'Shea, in his Contagious Car Problems post, wrote: > > > > <<<snip>>> At this point my wife enters the garage and asks: "How > long > > before the > > car's fixed?" (This is my second favorite question, right > > after: "Are you > > sure you know what you're doing?") <<<snip>>> > > > > Which got me to wondering, "What does my wife say, while I'm > > working on the > > bus, that's my favorite question?" And I came up with not > > one, but two: > > "Does it need to be towed this time?" and "Are you sure you > > don't want to > > trade it in for a station wagon?" And I don't know which I > > like more... > > :o) > > > > But the all-time favorite does not come from the wife, but > > from my five > > year old, who frequently "helps" by sticking screwdrivers > > into the engine > > compartment in places where they don't belong. "Daddy, why'd > > you say f**k > > a duck?" (OOPS!!) > > > > Okay Vanagonland, what's your favorite question from your > > spouse/partner/child while working on the bus? Maybe we can > > compile a "Top > > Ten"... > > > > Alan Bosch > > & Phred ('88 Wolfsburg) > > ...with a little too much free time today... > > >

__________________________________________________ FREE voicemail, email, and fax...all in one place. Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com